Although watermelon is filled with approximately 90 percent of water, they are also packed with a number of nutrients that’s good for you. Here are some health benefits of eating watermelon.
- IT HELPS YOU HYDRATE: Most people find water boring and avoid it. Watermelon is a good alternative to keeping your body hydrated. It also has fibre that keeps you full without a lot of calories.
- CONTAINS A LOT OF VITAMINS: Watermelons have vitamins A, C, B1, B5, and B6. These vitamins help prevent cell damage, prevents inflammation of the heart, and have antioxidants.
- REDUCES RISKS OF CANCER: Like most fruits, watermelons help reduce the risk of cancer because of their oxidant properties. Lycopene in particular is known to help fight prostate cancer.
- REDUCES SORENESS OF THE MUSCLES: Watermelons helps athletes get over the soreness of their muscles and helps rejuvenates the muscles after exercise.
- REDUCES RISK OF HEART DISEASE: Watermelon greatly reduces the risk of heart diseases and reduces hypertension as well.
So eat a slice or two of watermelon today!