The quickest option for getting rid of any kind of period pain might be to pop a pill but taking a ton of medication on a constant every month can be annoying if you hate drugs like me. Certain foods can provide us with a lot of benefits and help relieve the menstrual symptoms. Natural remedies are the best way to cure our pains and stay healthy at the same time. There are actually a bunch of different kinds of foods and drinks out there that can help with your PMS symptoms.
Let us look at some foods to eat to relieve menstrual cramps.
1. Dark Chocolate:
Research indicates that dark chocolate satisfies junk food cravings and boosts serotonin levels, which in turn helps alleviate depression and fatigue. Opt for a one ounce square of dark chocolate during your periods.
These are rich in vitamin B6 and potassium, which can stop you from retaining water and feeling bloated. Too little potassium causes muscle cramping, so a single banana will help replace the potassium you lose from one to two hours of exercise, but if you’re not a fan, oranges are also a good source.These yummy fruits help with both cramps and bloating.
You hear it everywhere, but drinking enough water can solve so many problems on its own. When you’re hydrated you help in preventing acne, keep away cramps, and can especially help with bloating.
4. Fill up on potatoes, and oatmeal.
5. Eggs: Can help fight menstrual cramps because they are good sources of vitamins D, B6, and E
Rich in vitamin B6 & magnesium, nuts, and seeds help alleviate cravings for chocolates and other junk foods. This helps us prevent bloating and other related discomforts.
7. Beans: Fiber-rich beans and help regularize the digestive system. Don’t eat too much tho. Beans also contain Vitamin B, which flushes out toxins.
8. Pineapple: Whether you want to drink pineapple juice or just eat it plain, this delicious fruit can help relax your muscles, which in turn can help ease your cramps. Pineapple also helps with bloating and even improves your mood making you feel happier.
9. Green/Peppermint Tea: Herbal tea is a great choice when you’re on your period. They help flush out your system. Green tea has been shown to help with cramps, while peppermint tea will soothe your stomach and help beat bloating.
10. Spinach: Dark, leafy greens are great for when you have your period. Spinach will help get rid of your cramps and, overall, it’s just really healthy.